Monday, January 8, 2024

My Most Anticipated Movies of 2024

 


Alright! New year, new movies! Let's get to it!









First on the list is The Beekeeper. I enjoy many of David Ayer's movies, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Especially since he hasn't made a new since The Tax Collector and that was four years ago.







Next up is Argylle. Matthew Vaughn is a very talented filmmaker, what with movies such as Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class, and Kingsman. So I'm expecting great things with this movie, I'm also interested cause he's working on something original as suppose to another comic book movie.







Then we have Orion and the Dark. After watching the trailer two days ago, I've come to think that this is gonna be a very fun movie, and I like the concept.







The next film is Drive-Away Dolls. Back in 2022 I saw what Joel Coen did on his own with The Tragedy of Macbeth, now I'm curious what Ethan Coen is gonna be bring to the table.







This one was suppose to come out last year, but sadly had to be pushed back, either way, I'm excited for Dune: Part Two. The first movie was absolutely spectacular and I gotta feeling the sequel will be too. Hopefully I'm right.







Then there's Kung Fu Panda 4. To my surprise all of the Kung Fu Panda films have been great, not one bad movie. So let's hope movie number 4 can continue that winning streak.







Now we move onto to Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire. After seeing Afterlife right after having to review the 2016 reboot, I've been feeling great about the next installment in the Ghostbusters franchise. And after seeing the trailer, I'm fully hyped for Frozen Empire.







Next up is Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, that's now two empires we're gonna see in 2024. I had an absolute blast with Godzilla vs. Kong, the trailer for this one was awesome, so it's only natural that I want to see this movie.







There's also Rebel Moon - Part Two: The Scargiver. I thought the first movie was really good, and with that, I'm very curious where Zack Snyder is gonna take the story next.






I'm gonna come out and say it, David Leitch has become a new favorite of mine when it comes to directors. Which is why I'm looking forward to his next movie, The Fall Guy. I know Leitch is gonna deliver great action scenes, so I think we're gonna be in for a very fun ride with The Fall Guy.







This one is more curiosity then it is excitement. Because how is Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes gonna top what Matt Reeves and co. did with War for the Planet of the Apes? Those are some pretty big shoes to fill.







Another movie that I'm more curious then excited about is Ballerina. This'll be a spin-off to John Wick, so I'm interested how the filmmakers are gonna pull this off, because all four of the John Wick films were amazing, so let's hope this movie could pull off something amazing.







Now we move onto Inside Out 2. I was very much surprised by how much I loved the first movie, so when I heard a sequel was coming out this year, I got excited just like I did with the first one.







Next up is A Quiet Place: Day One. Although I'm a little bummed we're not gonna see John Krasinski and Emily Blunt's characters return to this movie, at the same time, it's gonna be very interesting to a different point-of-view, especially during the very early days of the apocalypse in the Quiet Place world.







The next movie is, probably not surprising, Deadpool 3. I'll admit, I was not initial pumped for this, mainly because Hugh Jackman was coming back as Wolverine. That bummed me out, because Logan was such a perfect way to end that character, but then I took a step back. This is Ryan Reynolds making a Deadpool movie, I know for a fact he's gonna go into this project with nothing but passion for this character just like he did with the previous films. Especially since he'll finally be living his wish of making it a team-up flick with Wolverine.







Our next movie is Borderlands. Now I'm not a fan of the games, so why am I seeing this? Well, I want to thank Eli Roth yet again, for bringing us Thanksgiving. 😆


By the way, don't worry. I'll do my research on the games before seeing the movie.







After waiting so many years, we'll finally have a new Alien film with Alien: Romulus. Like it I said before it's about time, we haven't gotten one of these movies since Covenant and that was back in 2017. The director and screenwriter behind this, also did 2013's Evil Dead, so I feel we're in safe hands here.







Also coming in 2024 is Beetlejuice 2. Much Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes and Ballerina, I'm curious than anything else. Especially since the first movie is just so good. But I think with Tim Burton heavily involved, there's a chance the sequel might do well.







Next on the list is Jon Watts' Wolfs. The main reasons why I'm looking forward to this is because 1) I'm curious what Watts has been up to since his Spider-Man trilogy, and 2) from what I've read, this is gonna more in line with his previous films, Clown and Cop Car, then Spidey. Probably more Cop Car cause this is a thriller.







Our next comic book movie is Joker: Folie à Deux. At first, I wasn't looking forward to it. Because Joker is such a good movie, that it really didn't need a sequel. But I started to turn around, when I heard that Tom Phillips and Scott Silver will be returning, so that definitely helped build back excitement. And apparently they're gonna be experimental by making it a musical...that's an...interesting choice.







Leigh Whannell is expecting to bring us a reboot of The Wolf Man. I absolutely loved Upgrade and Whannell did a fantastic job with the reboot to The Invisible Man, so let's see if he hits out of the park yet again.




Yes, this is an actual production photo from Venom 3. 😆


Alright, we're down to the final four, and one of those is Venom 3. Now I'm well aware these movies aren't perfect, but I've enjoyed both Venom films, and fingers crossed we get another fun one.







Then there's Gladiator 2. Once again more curious than excited. I mean, how are they gonna pull this off? Gladiator is not only one of the top films of 2000, but one of the many greats when it comes to films. I have faith that Ridley Scott is gonna take tremendous care for this sequel, but just in case, let's all pray it's great.






Our next movie is Sonic the Hedgehog 3. To everybody's surprise, we didn't get one really good Sonic flick, but two! So because of the filmmakers are taking such good care of this movie series, it makes me very excited for the third film.







The last movie on this list is, Robert Eggers' remake of Nosferatu. Robert Eggers is a director who just hasn't missed. The VVitch is spectacular, The Lighthouse is an insane psychological thriller, and The Northman is a brutal masterpiece. So I'm really looking forward to what Eggers brings to this movie.












Alright, those are my most anticipated movies of this year. Come back on Thursday, Jan 11th, for my review of the newest DC animated movie, Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part One. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment