Thursday, October 12, 2017

Batman vs. Two-Face Review



Image result for batman vs two-face movie poster

Batman vs. Two-Face is an animated superhero film and the sequel to Batman: Return of The Caped Crusaders. It's produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment and distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The movie is written by Michael Jelenic and James Tucker and directed by Rick Morales.



The story is after an accident at the Gotham State Penitentiary distract attorney Harvey Dent becomes the criminal know as Two-Face. With Harvey's new persona he becomes one the biggest crime bosses in Gotham City. Batman and Robin are called into action to deal with this new threat to society.





  • Negatives


I've got nothing to say. So let's move on.



  • Mix


Now my opinion on the animation still remains the same. Like the previous movie the animation isn't bad their are just times when it's kind of stiff.



  • Positives


This movie much like Return of The Caped Crusaders has great humor. Only here I think it's way better. I do have a favorite moment but I'm not going to tell you what it is because it's a spoiler. The only hint I'll give is there's a drive-in theater scene and I want you to pay attention to the film that's playing.


Another thing I liked about Batman vs. Two-Face is he does contain some dark moments. But not too dark that I think it would be categories in the same league as the Tim Burton Batman films, The Dark Knight Trilogy, or the DC Extended Universe.


Once again were given great performances. Adam West and Burt Ward still have great chemistry, William Shatner did a pretty good job as Harvey Dent/Two-Face, and I know I criticized Julie Newmar in my review for Return of The Caped Crusaders but after hearing her again I just got use to her voice.


Yet again we get to have a fun time searching for some easter eggs. The one I found is that internet meme of Batman slapping Robin. Don't worry about that being awful the filmmakers did it in a way that wasn't cringey.



Batman vs. Two-Face is yet another great love letter to the 60's Batman show. It has good humor, some pretty good dark moments without going too extreme, the voice acting is spot on, and more easter eggs to find. The only grey area is the animation. But above all else it was great to hear Adam West play Batman one last time.



My final rating is Good



State of The Project (Oct 2nd - Oct 19th)


Oct 2nd - Cinematic Disasters - Jason X


Oct 4th - The Thing (1982) Review


Oct 7th - Blade Runner 2049 Review


Oct 9th - A Look Back at Batman: Return of The Caped Crusaders (2016)


Oct 12th - Batman vs. Two-Face Review


Oct 16th - The Exorcist Review


Oct 19th - Killer Klowns from Outer Space Review



NOTE: IF ANYTHING CHANGES I WILL TELL YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment