Sunday, December 27, 2020

Soul Review




Soul is a 3D animated comedy-drama. The movie is produced by Walt Disney Pictures and Pixar Animation Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. Soul is written by Peter Docter, Mike Jones, and Kemp Powers and directed by Peter Docter.





The story is a middle school music teacher named Joe Gardner has a dream of performing jazz music on stage. One day Joe gets his wish when the Half Note Club want him to be the opening act, everything seems to go smoothly for him...until he wakes up and finds out he's become a soul. Now Joe must team up with another soul named 22 to back to Earth and live out his dream.












Initial Reaction


What really got me interested in Soul was the premise. I was really interested how Pixar was going to handle the whole life, death, and the afterlife aspect of this story. Then the trailer dropped and I was hooked. And that's really all I've gotta say about why I was drawn to this film.







Cons


I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.






Middle Ground


I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.






Pros


This probably goes without saying since it's Pixar but the animation is beautiful. I absolutely loved the animation. What I think audience members will especially love is the animation to the Great Before. It's a gorgeous, vibrant, bright, and overall amazing looking world. Another great thing about Soul is the voice work. It's very well done and loved hearing everyone talk whether it be by themselves or if they're going back and forth with each other. What also made Soul a great movie is the music. The movie primarily focuses on jazz, now I'm a fan of that genre but whenever it was being played even I found myself being sucked into the music. The other part of the film I liked is the humor. I found myself laughing a lot during this. I think my favorite humorous moment is when 22 and all the mentors she's angered over the years. The last thing I'll praise the film for is it's overall story. Not only did Peter Docter and co. write such a great/complex world but they also wrote a great story in general. And what I realized after watching this is the movie isn't just about Joe getting back in his body but it's mainly about him and 22 finding out what who they are. Then there's also how the writers didn't make this a basic story about life. In matter of fact this movie showcases that life isn't simple, it's the most complex thing in the world and we need to make the most of it.








Guys, Soul has earned his spot of being one of my favorite Pixar movies. The animation is beautiful, the voice acting is good, the music is well done, I had many laughs during the entirety of the entire movie, and the story is amazing.








My final rating is A Must Watch








Okay I am done here. Come back tomorrow for my review of Netflix's newest feature film, We Can Be Heroes. Until then enjoy the rest of your day and please watch Soul I promise you you want be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment