Thursday, January 11, 2024

Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part One Review

 


Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part One is an animated comic book movie, adapted from the DC Comics' 1985 classic, Crisis on Infinite Earths. The movie also serves as the eighth installment of the Tomorrowverse. It's produced by DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation and distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part One is written by James Krieg and directed by Jeff Wamester.





The story is, a mysterious and destructive energy wave is wiping Earths from across the multiverse. A being know as the Monitor as taken action is stop simply watching from afar and recruited heroes to help him to put an end to this crisis.








Initial Reaction

After the being letdown with Justice League: Warworld, I was not having the highest of hopes with this one. But then I heard it was gonna be released as a trilogy, and my hopes were slightly restored. I say slightly, cause there was still a part of me that was still skeptical, cause like I said previously, Warworld was just a letdown.








Cons

I've got nothing.








Middle Ground

If there's any mix feelings I had, it was the fact that they definitely leaned in on the fact the movie's a part one of a bigger story. Cause throughout the movie, there's bits and pieces that leave questions behind, to leave hyped up for parts two and three. Now some of you are probably wondering why didn't I put this in the "Cons" section? Because it didn't bother me too much. Cause 1) we all knew this was a part one going into this. And 2) At least, for the most part anyways, a complete story was still told.








Pros

One thing I liked about the movie was it pretty stood on its own. While there are easter eggs to previous movies, there's not so much of them to point where you feel like you're missing a chunk of information. You can literally just jump right into this with no prior knowledge of the other Tomorrowverse flicks. While I do give credit to the other cast members, I especially got to give props to Matt Bomer for his performance with Barry Allen/The Flash. He was spectacular in this, he brought out the heart of Barry Allen, and I dare say he outshined himself from his work on Justice Society: World War II. The last thing I'll credit Crisis on Infinite Earths for, is there's a nice balance between focusing on character and the crisis at hand. While we still do get our superhero action, the heroes focusing on the threat, there's still plenty of scenes where we slow down and focus on the characters. Whether it be them talking about the energy wave, or talking about something that adds to their character. Sometimes the action scenes also add character development.








While Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part One has flaws, it's a major improvement from the last movie, and after watching this, I gotta say, I'm looking forward to Part Two.








My final rating is, Good.








Alright, one first movie review of 2024 and it's a good start. Hopefully we get a good streak going. That's all for now. Come back on Saturday, Jan 13th, for my review of David Ayer's newest film, The Beekeeper. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment